Today there are 350 bikes to borrow, and plans call for another 3,000 bicycles to be introduced in 2014. This innovative Bay Area initiative will lessen traffic congestion on the streets and subway system, reduce greenhouse emissions and help to create a sense of the communal lifestyle that the city is known for.
How does the bike share program work?
- Join the program first by signing up online or at one of the 35 station kiosks
- Use your ride code or membership card on the keypad next to an available bike
- When the green light appears, lift the seat and pull out the bike
- Explore the beautiful city of San Francisco!
- Return the bike to any station, pushing it firmly into place to lock it
You can take unlimited trips up to 30 minutes each for no additional cost, however trips longer than this will incur a small fee. You’ll find several bike share stations along the waterfront conveniently located near our boutique hotel. Take advantage of this easy green transportation, and then return to your comfortable room or suite at our boutique hotel. At Hotel Griffon, we’re dedicated to environmental sustainability and to providing an eco-friendly hotel experience.